Saturday, May 19, 2012

Departure Date Countdown: 5 Days 

Nashville to Newark airport departure 5:30 a.m. Then Newark to Shanghai--many hours later (don't want to think about that). And so my adventure begins on May 24. The girl who doesn't leave her gardens on the old homeplace is about to leave the country for twenty-eight days in China. In less than a week, the watering routine for my hydrangeas and daylilies will be replaced with early morning Tai Chi followed by Mandarin lessons, classes on Chinese culture and philosophy, and sightseeing (lots of sightseeing). 

This Pen and Pics blog will keep family and friends updated on my TnCIS (Tennessee Consortium for International Studies) travel to Shanghai and Beijing as part of the China Studies program for 2012. Visit the TNCIS Website

Now that the countdown is close--well, nearer--the packing trials are over and the reality of stuffing the requisite clothes, shoes, and essentials into one suitcase and one carry-on has begun. More later after I jump on the suitcase and affix my luggage tag. Now, I'm packing memories in my suitcase.

 Packing the picture memories--but digital photos.
 A little relaxing time in the hammock before the packing begins.
 Nestling among the hydrangeas.


 Just a quick swing. Country roads take me home...make that "take me to Shanghai."





No comments:

Post a Comment