Thursday, May 24, 2012

Liftoff Approaching

The bags are all packed. Well, the two bags are packed (you know there are airlines restrictions on baggage). It's amazing how little one actually needs for 27 days away from home, especially when you will be among 22 million people who won't remember what you wore yesterday. 


Excitement is not even the right word to describe how I feel right now. This is the beginning of a lifetime adventure--even better than the first time I saw the castle at Disneyland or landed in Honolulu and still remember the fragrance of plumeria and tuberoses. (That's why I grow tuberoses now). I got a "wake up" call mid-morning today with the announcement--16 hours until we meet at the airport. How nice that someone besides me is counting down the hours remaining. 


I am spending the last day-evening in Nashville with my daughter and her family. We had a trip to the Green Hills Library to check out books on China for the children. They are excited about the Great Wall and dragon images. Now, is it true that I'm going to be racing ahead of the sun and will not see any darkness tomorrow? Time travel--isn't is wonderful. More later from the airport in Newark before I leave reliable Google access.


Following the trail to Shanghai.

With a detour at the Green Hills Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment