Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Early morning (lack of) adventure


I was up at 5:15 a.m. - thought I would go for a walk alone before the 7:30 a.m. Tai Chi. Alas, the doors are locked, no, make that chained until 6:15. 


I sat in on an English class yesterday (asked to see a Chinese classroom).  Let's just say it reminded me of the classroom Laura Ingalls would have attended - technology aside and ignoring the cell phones on everyone's desktop.  I also asked to see the art department and so visited one classroom doing subway mural design projects. Interesting. Two speakers have told us about the work ethic, but the lack of creativity.  On many fronts, I would have to agree. 

We were talking about mosquitoes last night and were shown our own room's mosquito killer. Wow!  A little electric vapor creator (probably DDT), but maybe it will cut down on the mosquitoes in our room. After all, everyone uses one. 

[Editor's note: Some changes have been made to punctuation in order to meet the author's exacting standard for correctness, which she was not able to do herself due to quick typing.] 



No comments:

Post a Comment