Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A moment of rest - and lots of pictures


Well, tonight we actually got finished with classes ten minutes early, and dinner is individual choice.  So my roommate and I came back to the room to put our feet up for a while, and I'm catching up on email updates.  I think 90% of the students headed to the dorm to gather up $$$ (make that RMB) and head to the little suburbs here for drinking and fun.

It was a good day overall. I know already how to order a noodle dish for supper in about an hour. We had a good speaker this afternoon.  A Chinese writer for the Wall Street Journal talked about doing business in China. I think there are some good stock options I am going to investigate after this trip. 

Tomorrow we head for Hangzhou (think HONG-Zoo). It is the location for several tea villages, so there will be some opportunities to taste and maybe buy some tea. They also have a temple we will visit and a leather industry. Don't know exactly what that will be. We are staying in a hotel, so I'll update you on that arrangement. All meals are out in the town, so I'll keep good notes. 

The photos here are of some of the sights from our weekend adventure. The technology museum was impressive (note the model with teeny buildings of PART of Shanghai.). You would not believe how big this place is.

That's me smiling in front of a model of OLD Shanghai.


The Mary Kay photo is for Sarah. Very tall building and there in front of the bus was MARY KAY--in English and Chinese. 


I have more temple photos...this is just a sampling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment